Blygold PoluAl XT Five Year Warranty Package
- Terms and Conditions
- Blygold PoluAl XT Chemical and Other Substances Resistance List
Instructions to End User or Service Provider:
- Make sure the warranted coil has a legible identification tag.
- Carefully read terms and conditions of warranty.
- Retain a copy of the terms and conditions and the PoluAl resistance list for you records.
- If you have any questions or concerns contact Rahn Industries Inc., the licensed Blygold applicator for CA, AZ, NV and Utah at 800-421- 7070.
BLYGOLD POLUAL XT WARRANTY
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This warranty is valid, only in the Continental US and pursuant to the following terms and conditions, for a period no longer than five years from the application date. Your exclusive remedy for the breach of this limited warranty is limited, at the applicator’s option, to repair of the Coating in the field or to a new Coating application for a replacement coil. This Limited Warranty will NOT cover the cost of (i) a replacement coil; (ii) the labor to remove or replace a coil; (iii) freight of the replacement coil to the job site; and (iv) refrigerant recovery. The applicator shall accept no liability or responsibility for damages should the coils or the Coating be used for an unspecified purpose, misused, tampered with or combined with foreign elements, damaged by mishandling, abuse, improper storage or used in any manner other than originally intended. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the following items specifically are not covered by this limited warranty:
- Damage originating internally, such as from corrosive liquids or gases inside the system;
- Damage from improper cleaning methods, such as the use wire brushes, unauthorized chemicals or coil cleaners, or other abrasive actions or products.
- Damage from any other intentional or accidental act, or any act of nature, which compromises the integrity of the Coating applied for external corrosion protection.
This Warranty is valid only under and with the following conditions:
- The coil is constructed of aluminum or copper fins over copper or aluminum tubing.
- The exposure conditions of the coil have at no time exceeded the limitations set forth in the resistance list.
- Inspection / maintenance requirements are performed in accordance with Blygold recommendations using approved
chemicals and methods, as prescribed below.
- Notice of any failure of the Blygold PoluAl XT coating must be presented, in writing, to the Blygold Licensee within seven days after the defect is discovered. Immediately after submitting such notice, free access shall be given to the Blygold Licensee or its appointed representative for the purpose of inspection and/or sampling of fin material and/or air sampling. If written notice is not given within one (1) week, and/or access to examine the coil is denied to the Blygold Licensee or its appointed representative, any claim for breach of this warranty shall be deemed to have been waived, and the Blygold Licensee and/or Blygold America Inc. shall have NO LIABILITY under this warranty.
- In the event of a coil failure and an ensuing dispute as to the cause of said failure, an electron-microscopic test of a sample of the damaged coil will be employed to resolve said dispute. Blygold America Inc. will appoint an independent laboratory to be used for this test and the results will be binding.
- Any service performed under this warranty shall not serve to extend the warranty beyond five years from the application date.
- Coils damaged in transit, after the Blygold coating is initially applied, or during installation must be brought to the immediate attention of the Blygold Licensee. At such time the coating will be repaired at the cost of the customer. Failure to repair the damaged coil will result in the warranty being voided.
- The warranty shall be voided if the Blygold registration plate or tag has been removed, destroyed or rendered illegible.
THE ABOVE LIMITED WARRANTY TERMS SHALL BE IN LIEU OF ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, AND ALL SUCH OTHER WARRANTIES ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED AND DENIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE BLYGOLD LICENSEE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR YOUR CUSTOMERS FOR ANY INCIDENTAL SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR OTHER ECONOMIC LOSS ARISING FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER. THIS WARRANTY SHALL ACCRUE ONLY TO YOUR BENEFIT AND SHALL NOT BE TRANSFERRABLE TO ANY OTHER PARTY.
Inspection and Maintenance Requirements
The following inspection and maintenance procedures are required as part of the terms and conditions of the warranty.
Any defects, damage or corrosion found during inspections should be immediately reported to the Blygold Licensee identified on Blygold registration label.
- Immediately after the unit is installed, the coated coil should be inspected for damage incurred in shipping or handling.
- The coil should be cleaned and inspected periodically to ensure maximum efficiency of the coil and the coating. The frequency requirement of the cleaning process will vary depending on the conditions present at the installation site. At a minimum, Blygold requires in-service coils be cleaned and inspected every three months, commencing immediately after installation. Your Blygold applicator will inform you of the inspection and maintenance frequency for your installation.
- Using a low-pressure spray device, the coil should be rinsed with clean fresh water, washed with a solution of Blygold Coil Clean or a mild detergent with similar properties (PH factor between 5 and 9) and water and rinsed thoroughly with clean fresh water. Blygold recommends this be done for the life of the unit as it not only will enhance the corrosion resistance capability of the coil but also maintain and improve the operating efficiency of the unit.
- After each wash, the coil should be inspected for any damage, onset of corrosion or deterioration of the coating.